New Dues for 2021
At their last meeting on November 21, 2020, the Board voted to accept the 2021 budget as proposed by the Budget Committee. If you use your bank’s autopay system, please make sure to update the amount that is being paid AFTER your December payment has been sent. [Hint – this is usually more successful if you delete the current payment entirely and just set up a new one. If you just change the dollar amount on your current recurring transaction, it tends to revert to the old amount after one month.] If you aren’t sure if you’ve paid for December yet or not, feel free to ask me!
- Undeveloped Lots – $140 per month
- Single Family Homes – $154 per month
- Cottages – $154 per month
- Townhomes – $284 per month
Last Call for Payment Books!
This is your last chance to let me know if you would like to receive a tear-out payment book for your 2021 HOA dues…or if you’d rather have a statement/reminder emailed to you…or if you’re one of those independent types that don’t need no stinkin’ reminders. Whatever your preference, please take a moment now to let me know by filling out this brief form:
So far I’ve heard from 64 of you, but I know there are more of you out there! I will be placing the order for the payment books on Monday, December 7, 2020. If I haven’t heard from you before then, you may not receive a payment book. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya! [If you’re one of the 64 who has already responded, thank you! No need to respond again!]
[Please also note, the office absolutely does NOT need to have that tear-out coupon to process your dues payment. They are for your convenience only. If the only reason you like them is because they come with mailing labels, let me know, and I’ll be happy to mail you some labels!]
Save These Dates in 2021!
Mark your calendars – you’re not going to want to miss these stellar events at The Capes!
- Monthly Board meetings – In 2021, the monthly meeting of the Board of Directors will take place on the 3rd Saturday of each of the following months, starting at 9:30 am: January, February, March, May, June, July, September, October and November. (There is no board meeting in August or December) For the time being, these meetings will take place via Zoom video conferencing. Any homeowners that wish to attend are welcome to do so. Please contact the manager no later than 2pm the day before the meeting to request a Zoom link.
- Annual Meeting of Homeowners and April Board meeting – The Capes Annual Meeting of Homeowners will take place on Saturday, April 17, 2021, starting at 10:00 am. The Board of Directors will have a brief monthly meeting immediately following the annual meeting to select officers. At this time, we are not yet sure whether this will be an in-person meeting, a Zoom video conference, or some combination of the two. Watch your inbox for updates as we get closer to April!
- Social Events – With the promise of a vaccine (or 2 or 3 or 4) on the horizon for Covid19, we are hopeful that we will be able to resume hosting our annual social events soon. Stay tuned!
Tales from the Bridge House
Our fifth and final episode in Season One of Tales from the Bridge House aired live via Zoom on Thursday, November 19, 2020. A Brief Introduction to Color Theory by fellow Caper Carter Thompson was a big hit – and if you missed it live, you are in luck! It has been uploaded to our YouTube Channel and you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/s56iO2TxPic
Also available on our YouTube Channel:
- Tales from the Bridge House, Episode 1: The Hidden History of the Fashion Industry – a family story (sorry for the low volume, it was our first attempt and we used Facebook live instead of Zoom)
- Tales from the Bridge House, Episode 2: Aging and Chronic Conditions – everything you need to know about getting old and falling apart
- Tales from the Bridge House, Episode 4: The MOTH Storytelling Event
- The KGW story on our Labor Day near-fire
- Hidden camera footage of some late-night visitors to The Capes HOA office
Unfortunately, we were unable to get a good recording of TFTBH: Episode 3, which was a virtual tour of the Tillamook Pioneer Museum.
NORFPD Fundraiser Results…
…are coming soon, in their own post…but [spoiler alert] – you guys did a great!!!