As of June 25, 2021, there is a new process for registering guests and renters that will be using your home when you are not present. Instead of requiring 2 forms (a notification form from the owner and a registration form from the guest), we are now only requiring that a single form from the owner be submitted via the new Manage My Nest Owner Portal.
You can watch a video tutorial of the new process here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCi9bMlz6H0b9MYBudu2t5mXlnBF40WX/view?usp=sharing
No time for a video? Here’s how to register your guests or renters:
- Go to the Owner Portal and log in.
- Click on the “Visitors” module (or from the Community menu at the top of the screen, select “Visitors”)
- Click the “Pre-Register Visitor” button
- Next to “For which property?” select the property where the guest/renter will be staying from the drop-down list.
- In the “Visitor” section, fill in the name, telephone and email of the guest or renter. (If more than one person is visiting, just enter the information for the main contact person in the group.)
- If your visitor is a RENTER, check the Short Term Rental check box. (This would be any person who is paying you to stay in your home.) If the visitor is a friend, co-worker, acquaintance, etc., who is NOT paying you, they are considered a GUEST or a NON-PAYING GUEST and you should leave the Short Term Rental box blank. If your visitor is a family member, you are not required to register them with the HOA. If you wish to do so anyway, so that we are aware that someone will be using your home, feel free!
- In the “Allow” section, enter the dates that your guest or renter are authorized to use your home. If this is someone who will be using your home frequently on a permanent basis and you wish to give them blanket authorization, you can select “Always”.
- The “Notify” section doesn’t really apply, as we do not have guards at the gate who will contact you when your guests arrive. You can leave it blank, or you can select your own name from the drop-down.
- In the “Rules/Policy” section, enter the following information in the “Special Instructions” box – the total number of adults in the group, number of children (if any), number and type of pets they are bringing (if any) and their vehicle information (# of cars, make/model and license plate if possible). If there are any other special instructions, you can add them in as well.
- Read through the Acknowledgements and print or save a copy of the Capes Guest and Renter Rules document to provide to your guests/renters
- Enter “MMN” in the spot indicated to accept the acknowledgements (it is case-sensitive).
- Click “Create”
You should then see a message at the top of the page that your visitor was registered successfully, and if you return to the main Visitor screen, you should see your guest listed there. If you entered any information incorrectly, or if your guest cancels or changes dates, you can simply delete the registration by clicking on the little trash can icon next to your guest’s info and re-register them as needed.